HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for the band that sang these lyrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 1:36 am    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

RQ you should file a copyright on those lyrics before Motley sees them.
The Merchant of Venus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 1:16 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Hey Kyuss13, I think it's Ugly Kid Joe, Neighbor. I'm pretty sure considering the time frame.
kyuss13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 2:08 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

arggh, i shall never find this song, it has been lost in the nether realms where all good music goes to die. I have that Ugly kid joe cd, and sadly it is not the song nighbor.
kyuss13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 11:54 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

I'm still looking for this song, do any of you new people recognize the lyrics I listed in the original posting.
Katalyst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 1:57 am    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

dude, go to [url=http://www.live365.com/stations/226932]http://www.live365.com/sta tions/226932[/url]

where classic Z-Rock lives, and listen long enough....maybe they'll play what You're looking for again....the station there lists the artists/song titles/albums they play

other than that, even I don't recognize all those lyrics in one song....parts of the lyrics sound like other songs I know, but anyway...may the Force be witcha
kyuss13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

I'm still looking for this bad, anyone new to the board in the last year and a half know anything about this band:

I heard this song back in 90-92 on zrock AM1590 in Seattle, WA. the lyrics are approx." I drink i smoke, i don't puke i don't choke, I'm a real man baby, and you need a man like me." I have been looking for this song for 9 years, please help me....
The Sledge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Kyuss, do you remember any more of the song?? Is that the...I'm not sure if this is the correct term but...refrain (or chorus)??

The line kinda reminds me of Soundgarden "Slaves & Bulldozers". The line in the song is: "buying lies and stealing jokes, and laughing every time I choke..."
kyuss13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Ya, cool song, but not it. :-( I remember in college when my friend got that album, we must have listened to rusty cage a 1000 times.
I have bought so many early 90's metal albums trying to find this song. Does anyone know of top 100 lists from the time period 90-92? I haven't had good luck searching for them....
The BitShifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Did this have more of a hair metal sound, or an alternative-grungey sound? I'll check out some of my lesser-known CDs from the period. It took me nearly 2 years to figure out "Cowgirl" by Sons Of Angels, which Z-Rock would play about once an hour in fall of 1991, so don't lose hope yet...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: