HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metal Rules!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Metal Rules!!! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Templar:
I've been to their forum, and it's dominated by a bunch of snot-nosed 14-year-old retards just like this lameass f*ck, which is why I stopped even going to their site. If you want a good laugh, or to be reminded just how bad a metal board can be, go visit it yourself.

Also check out the [b]Maiden [/b]board. I've found the same deal over there most of the time regarding maturity levels. Although there are various rooms for all kinds of topics the same clicks of people still seem to dominate the conversations which sometimes are meaningful but many times useless. The board has high traffic flow where multiple posts can happen within seconds of each other but that doesn't always guarantee worthwile discussions if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong there's always room for humor and silly posts, otherwise we'd all be a bunch of boring souls with no one to talk to but our selves, I just feel that many of the metalboards out there are breeding grounds for insecure persons who get their attention by rambling on about useless stuff

I my self am not obsessed with posting on bulletin boards so I seem to stick to this one for the most part. Overall I've found [url=http://hardradio]hardradio[/url] to be the most infomative and honest with regards to music as well as other current events.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Metal Rules!!! Reply with quote

I gave it a once and twice over. First thing that sucked. It took the index page 23 seconds to load on a dsl connection. Doesn't seem a big deal, but info should move fast on the net. Hardradio loads in seconds. I checkied it out twice today to see if it was my connection but hours later it didn't load any faster. Frontpage layout isn't all that great, doesn't compare to HR's layout, and I didn't find it any MORE informative.

As for the boards! They loaded even slower than the index page. The graphics had no flow and I found myself asking "what is that little icon supposed to be?" As for the people... I didn't bother. Those who may be worth hearing will eventually find their way here. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And just so people know the HB is not my main board and the Admins know it. But it's the first board I ever posted at, and Hardradio is still the place I check first for news and happenings in the Metal world. That and I much like the people here. :)Just so you know this was an unbiased opinion of Metal Rules. I'll give any metal site a chance.

Some is opinion, but it's a FACT the thing didn't load fast. Had to hit refresh once. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: