HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Well, Aint It Cool News has had over a dozen reviews so far. One negative, one ambivalent, and all the rest positive to one degree or another, with the majority ranking it as their second-favorite of all the movies, and nearly all of those ranking _Empire Strikes Back_ as their favorite.
Raider

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

And might I add, screw Roger Ebert. He didn't like LOTR either. I have absolutely zero interest in the opinions of professional critics. The only opinions I really listen to are those of other movie fans. And the only reason I know of his opinion of LOTR and AOTC is because it was more or less randomly inserted into articles about the movies; I didn't go searching it out.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

If you had gone searching it out, you would've found that it was a thumbs-up review. He did like it, he just didn't think it held up to what he was hoping for. (judging from his review, he was expecting more songs and cute Hobbit stuff, the very things I was glad that movie mostly left behind)

I actually wrote him today - and he's good at writing back if he can answer a question really briefly - to ask him which crowd he gets more shit from, the people who hated TPM (and gave him shit for liking it), or the people who like AOTC (and gave him shit for not liking it). He said they were about equal. Myself, I've been getting shit for my praise of TPM for years!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Who cares about the reviews? Use your own judgement and brain and skip the Eberts of the world. I place no value on anyone who gets paid to watch and write about movies or any other kind of entertainment.
TELSTRA MAN

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

'clones - is shit hot' saw it last night here in Melbourne Australia before general release. NO. 3 would have to be the biggest thing since 'titanic' to beat it. Anakin with his metal wrist & hand looked awesome (looks a bit like c3po)
Subtraction

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

I bought my tickets online so I wouldn't have to wait in a long line or worry about it selling out. My question is, if you can get them online (here anyways) then why are there people spending the night outside the theater? I suppose they want to show what real fans they are instead of taking the easy way out like me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Heh. I didn't line up for tickets like the last time. Back in 1999 I lined up for about an hour to get tickets for an advanced showing of TPM. This time I just used the AMC machine and it took less than a minute. Now I only have 2 hours to wait until the film begins!
Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Here they sell them four days early. But the theater will not sell online tickets for this movie. I've got tickets for tomorrow.

And two and a half stars is a negative review in my book. That's fifty percent. Failing grade in basically any school system in America. But like I said, for the most part I don't care, I just noticed his opinion because it was thrown in a non-review article.

The biggest reason I'm not disheartened by the only negative things about the reviews so far is the REASONS the negative reviewers are giving for not liking it. One was complaining it doesn't show the negative effects of militarism in this futuristic society (yeah, I know, "A long time ago....", but it's still futuristic), and doesn't discuss the science behind the machines and space travel. WTF??
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

I am going to go see it after its been out for a bit. I said this with Lord of the Rings, and still never saw it yet!! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] lol
anyway, The reviews of this film are nothing new. Its a STORY. HOw can big time film critics give a STORY a good rating.
Its the same thing with cd reviews. If your not a metal fan, why should you review the cd. How many good metal records got snubbed in big time magazines.....yet in the metal community they got the ratings they deserved.
Just about every project george lucas does is pretty good. Even stuff like Young Indiana JOnes were really well done, so I am not worried about typical reviews..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: