HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Great film! Its best to just sit back, relax and enjoy the journey. Screw "professional" critics and decide for yourself! Lucas puts images in his films that have never graced the silver screen before!
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Raider:

And two and a half stars is a negative review in my book. That's fifty percent. Failing grade in basically any school system in America. But like I said, for the most part I don't care, I just noticed his opinion because it was thrown in a non-review article.

Not to be nitpicky, but he gave it three stars - and it's out of four, not five, three stars almost always being the cutoff between his thumb up and thumb down (bizarre unexplained exception: _Sudden Death_).

You can read the review right here:

[url=http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/2001/12/121901.html]h ttp://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/2001/12/121901.html[/url]

Again, I think the reasons he gives for being underwhelmed by it are the very reasons I liked it as much as I did.

quote:
Originally posted by Raider:

The biggest reason I'm not disheartened by the only negative things about the reviews so far is the REASONS the negative reviewers are giving for not liking it. One was complaining it doesn't show the negative effects of militarism in this futuristic society (yeah, I know, "A long time ago....", but it's still futuristic), and doesn't discuss the science behind the machines and space travel. WTF??

Yeah, the primary complaints I've heard which don't smack of somebody who was looking forward to panning this movie anyway have to do with dialogue and acting - never this series's strong suits anyway. Otherwise, I'm hearing a lot of really silly shit out there, like "Jar-Jar's screen time is kept to a minimum, supposedly because Lucas listened to the fans, but if he REALLY listened to the fans, he'd show Jar-Jar getting torn to pieces and the pieces thrown on a fire." I mean, what the hell is that?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Just saw it tonight, and I loved it. However, most of the people I was with thought it was pretty silly. Additionally, none of us bought the romance (wow, Anakin sure lays it on thick, doesn't he?).

I'll write up a huge-ass review over the weekend.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Saw the movie last night at 23:15. For those who don't know military time, that's 45 minutes short of midnight. I thought that it was a great movie short of good acting. There's a scene where Portman's character is lying in the sand hurt, then gets right up when asked ok or not. Obviously doesn't really hold ground to the first three, but at least we're seeing some more Star Wars movies. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
rockin500

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Very good movie. Saw it yesterday. I give it a B+. Shaft Windu and Yoda rule. Natalie Portman is hot! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Third best movie in series, behind Empire and Jedi.
Desslar

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

It kicked the crap out of Episode I, and might even be in the same league as VI. The acting was typically flat, especially the ridiculous love story, but the story was deeper than usual and the visuals were amazing. The only thing really missing is a true evil menace. The first trilogy had Vader, and LOTR has Sauron, but there's no one really fearsome here. Including people with silly names like Dooku.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Review's up:

[url=http://www.geocities.com/tyrannorabbit/swattack.html]http://www.g eocities.com/tyrannorabbit/swattack.html[/url]
rockin500

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Interesting review you gave it there. Better than most of the ones critics gave thats for sure.
Templar

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Attack of the Clones Poll: Who's Going... Reply with quote

Geek that I am, I had to break down and see it already. Can someone please tell me WHY the separatists were seceding in the first place? If that was mentioned, I never caught it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: