HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MEGADETH press release: Endgame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: MEGADETH press release: Endgame Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2009

MEGADETH ANNOUNCE ENDGAME AS TITLE OF TWELFTH STUDIO RECORD, DUE OUT IN SEPTEMBER

ALBUM PRODUCED BY ANDY SNEAP AND DAVE MUSTAINE REVEAL SEVERAL TRACK TITLES

New York, NY: Heavy metal institution Megadeth have announced ENDGAME as the title of their twelfth studio album. The album is expected to be released in September through Roadrunner Records. It was recorded at the band’s brand new, self-built studio, Vic’s Garage, located near San Diego and named after the legendary and iconic Vic Rattlehead character.

ENDGAME is being produced by Andy Sneap and Dave Mustaine. Sneap also manned the boards for 2007’s United Abominations. Some track titles include “Headcrusher,” “1,320,’” “How the Story Ends” and “This Day We Fight!”

ENDGAME boasts the technicality, ferocity and snarl that’s synonymous with Megadeth and Mustaine.  It’s a violent masterwork that represents Mustaine’s best work in nearly two decades. In a musical world dominated by bands that make generic, blanket statements, ENDGAME finds Mustaine, once again, making informed and substantial lyrical declarations about the state of the world we live in.

Mustaine himself commented on ENDGAME, saying, “Thematically, I’ve never been known to be a silent bystander in a world that needs our participation.  As more is revealed about our former President’s legacy, a little-known yet staggeringly frightening document which was signed into law, named ‘ENDGAME,’ has been uncovered. The album ‘ENDGAME’ is the most energetic music offering I have penned in over a decade and is far more believable than knowing someone signed ‘ENDGAME’ -the document- into law.  The album is also the perfect ‘ass- kicking’ music to listen to once you are done reading the aforementioned document!”

In short, it’s the Megadeth record that fans of classics like So Far…So Good…So What? and Rust in Peace have been chomping at the bit for.

“This new album is my proudest moment since the famous (or infamous) Rust in Peace album,” Mustaine also said. “With this album, I am also very excited to be introducing my new lead guitarist Chris Broderick to the world. I have always felt lucky to have had top shredders in that position, but after touring with Chris in support of my last album, I couldn’t wait to get into the studio and see what he could do.”

Megadeth’s lineup consists of Mustaine, Broderick, bassist James LoMenzo and drummer Shawn Drover.

Earlier this year, Mustaine was the recipient of the “Golden God Award” at the first ever Golden Gods Awards, presented by Revolver.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when they talk about the lyrical themes rather than the music. Metal almost always has terrible lyrics. I don't care about these bands' perspectives on politics. I do care about how they wrote the riffs or what kind of style it might be in.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Metal (and rock) that sounds like other metal (and rock) Reply with quote

there's a movie called Endgame.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Headcrusher' sounds pretty good, fast, heavy, angry. I think that if the rest of the album delivers the same way this can be even better than UA.
leapyear29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endgame is one of the best metal records ever recorded.. it has every aspect of a extremely tight album. when you have finished listening to the album you have a clear idea that every musician has a lot of talent..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: