HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RUNNING WILD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: RUNNING WILD Reply with quote

"SHADOWMAKER"
SENSATIONAL COMEBACK-ALBUM!
RELEASE: APRIL 2012

It’s finally official: RUNNING WILD are back! To the delight of his countless fans, Captain Rock'n'Rolf has announced the release of the new album, "Shadowmaker", seven years after RUNNING WILDs last studio album, "Rogues En Vogue". "My comments in spring 2009 about the demise of RUNNING WILD were absolutely serious at the time. I really needed time out and, to be honest, couldn't imagine even in January 2011 that I would ever feel like recording a new album again.", says Rolf. "But when I had the inspiration for a best-of album, to which I wanted to contribute four new numbers, I rediscovered how much I enjoy composing. From then on it was only a small step to record a full new studio album."

Rock'n'Rolf has written ten new tracks for "Shadowmaker", among them are the midtempo opener "Piece Of The Action", the uptempo number "Shadowmaker" (roughly the same pace as "Angel Of Mercy") and the monumental eight-minute track "Dracula", based on Bram Stoker's novel and the Christopher Lee movies. "To me, "Shadowmaker" is a very special album because there was no pressure, timewise or otherwise. I feel it's clearly audible that this relaxed attitude helped me to write one of the strongest RUNNING WILD recordings of all time."
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop with them at "Branded & Exiled". Didn't know they still around.
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you quit listening
before the ship even set sail?

CHAINS AND LEATHER.....FOREVER !!!
Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Wild back in action?! Now there's pleasant news I dare say! I remember seeing them live at Sweden Rock in 2000. They were still touring for the Victory album, and it was a great show!
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this one for years! I don't expect it to reinvent anything or to be the best album of the year, just a bunch of catchy tracks with great riffs. Rogues en Vogue totally delivered in both those departments, and I'm sure this will too.
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back I heard from a die-hard Running Wild fan, that he was very disappointed with Shadowmaker. While we talked, I mentioned The Rivalry, and he said he thought that was the band's last good album.

Any thoughts on the new album from others here? I haven't heard it yet.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="METAL ROKKZ"]you quit listening
before the ship even set sail?
[/quote]

Of course. My and friends were bidding farewell from port, then went home and play extensively "Gates Of Purgatory".

Thankfully it seems the first two are going to be reissued, about time as those are cult albums.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the first two albums, especially Gates, but the peak for this band was Port Royal - Blazon Stone. Rolf Kasparek is a riff master.

Crusader, the new album is a little disappointing. Some of the melodic hardrock material Rolf was writing for his other band Toxic Taste, seems to have been included on this album and it really doesn't fit. It's melodic but bland. Songs like Piece of the Action and Me & the Boys are clearly meant for the Toxic Taste band and not for Running Wild. Running Wild has previously acknowledged their inspiration from Thin Lizzy so a sort of tribute in Me & the Boys isn't totally surprising, but it doesn't fit the record and I think it's sort of weak.

Some of the other material seems weaker than previous albums, but isn't unlistenable. Sailing Fire is, somewhat obviously, a pirate song. The musical themes on this and Riding on the Tide seem sort of cliched for this band. On the positive side, the band was rehashing specific riffs for much of the later 90s, and I don't think there are any riffs that aren't new here. So that's good. Sometimes when I'm listening to Rivalry or Masquerade, the riffs sound too similar. Not a problem with this album.

There are a couple of pretty good songs. Locomotive and Shadowmaker have that old school crunch a la Souless from Black Hand Inn. I enjoy these songs, although neither measures up to Souless. Meanwhile, I am Who I Am, while sort of tired lyrically, is a really catchy melodic rocker with the best riff on the album. If I go back to listen to Shadow Maker it will most likely be for this song.

I don't think Shadowmaker is as good as Rogues En Vogue, though Rogues was the best Running Wild album for several years. I don't think Running Wild has released a "must-hear" track since the early 90s, though Fire & Thunder from Rivalry was somewhat worthwhile.

If you are a diehard Running Wild fan like I am, you'll probably enjoy at least part of this album [or the whole thing], but don't expect something as good as Pile of Skulls or you'll be disappointed.
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible !!!

i was even more dissapointed in the dvd that comes with it.

the making of ?
20 mins of some guy (peter jordan)
fukking with his digital recording station
and rolf looking on and speaking once/twice
and then a track by track 30 second hype on each song by rolf

rogues was terrible enough
it blew
but this is just plain not up to standard/lets make money
what a fukkkiin shame
and i have the phrase "fly our flag"
as my co sign straight from the song/album "under jolly roger"

$17.99, i'm really glad i didnt order the delux package deal.
it will never be worth shit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: