HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autoblast
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 12:38 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Reissued? Nice. Now I don't have to sell my truck to buy "Without Love" on cd.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 7:00 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Death -

Don't you think that the first BNB LP was better than "Without Love"? The first sounded like it was recorded in a garage, first take each time. "Without Love" sounded good, but over produced and studio'd up! Is this just my impression or what?

Gotta love "I'm da king - I'm da king of this concrete jungle you know!!!"

EXCITER
EXCITER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 4:48 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Death -

"Shake the Faith"?? Tell me more, as I don't know anything about it.

EXCITER
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 5:48 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Exciter:

After Black n Blue, Tommy had a band called American Man which featured himself, bassist/lead vocalist Todd Jensen, fellow Oregonian Brian Jennings, also on guitar, and a drummer whose name escapes me. They toured around the west coast a bit. I saw them 3 times. Awesome. Great songs -- very much in the BnB mode. In fact, they always closed with "Chains Around Heaven." They never released anything. When Jensen went to David Lee Roth's band, they broke up.

Tommy and Brian Jennings then formed Shake the Faith with Dave Aragon (v) (ex Silence), Danny Parker (dr) (ex Life Til Now) and Kevin Kweens (b) (ex Wicked Jester). They released one album in 1994 on Brunette Records in Japan (same label that did the Black n Blue albums) called "America The Violent." The record has covers of Anti-Nowhere League's "So What" and Kinks "Destroyer." I'm not sure how long the band lasted. The album is real good; like a mix between early Cheap Trick and the Sex Pistols. The cd never came out domestically and is out of print. Anyway, that's all I know about it.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 5:54 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Death-

Thanks for the enlightening info; guess my work finding it is cut out for me.

EXCITER
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 11:26 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Exciter: I agree 100%. I prefer the rawness of the first one -- and the songs -- over the too slick "Without Love." I was smart enough to buy the debut when it was still in print in Japan. In fact, I actually prefer "Nasty Nasty" to "Without Love". I mentioned "Without Love" before because it's the only one I don't have on CD.

By the way, I'm really enjoying Tommy Thayer's Shake the Faith cd -- it's like a combination of early Cheap Trick and the Sex Pistols.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 10:19 am    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Thought I'd drop an update here. I got an e-mail from Tommy Thayer this morning. He said that while he hasn't gotten the Black n Blue rights yet, he is working on it. He said he'd keep me posted on his progress, and likewise I'll keep you guys posted too.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 11:39 pm    Post subject: Autoblast Reply with quote

Thanks DEATH! I'll be interested in the outcome.

EXCITER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: