HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BWBK Six Pack Weekend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

I hate writing reviews so I'll keep it short. Awesome event, definitely worth the money. Talking with Michael Denner, Jeff Loomis, and others was great. It was also amusing to watch my friend agrue with a guy about NWOBHM and after a while the guy mentioned he was Martin Popoff.

Top 3 performances:
Nevermore
Trouble
Evergrey

CD's I bought

Force of Evil- S/T (Currently unreleased)(Denner and Sherman still have it)
John Arch- A Twist of Fate (currently unreleased)
Wolf- S/T
Cynic- Focus
Tyran Pace- Eye to Eye

Woosta and GZ, just read the topic about going to the fest, my computer was down for about a week and didn't know you were going.
woosta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

Great weekend, wasn't it? I had a blast seeing all those different styles of bands and meeting so many bands that I never thought I'd get to meet and say "hi" to.

Best performances for me: Falconer, Evergrey, and probably Wolf.

Cds: Passenger, Rawhead RExx, Mercenary, Electric Hellfire Club, Cage, Skyfire, Force of Evil, Beyond the Embrace, Lost Horizon, Grave Digger "Rheingold", and Breaker's "Get Tough" double cd for $5???????!?!?! I just didn't have enough $$$ to get all I wanted! Also got an Eidolon shirt!
woosta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

And FYI, Zod is a ladie's man! 3 women on night 2!! I thought he'd introduce a board friend to the cute redhead (not the wife, the other cute red head!) with him.

Oh, wait, I'm married and my wife was with me. Maybe a good move on Zod's part after all! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
metalblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by woosta:
And FYI, Zod is a ladie's man! 3 women on night 2!! I thought he'd introduce a board friend to the cute redhead (not the wife, the other cute red head!) with him.

Oh, wait, I'm married and my wife was with me. Maybe a good move on Zod's part after all! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

When I was standing in line to get in on day 2, 3 ladies and a guy walked by. I overheard one of them say, "I bet your the only one with 3 girls here" must have been GZ.
woosta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

Man, I was right in that same spot too! I heard the exact same thing and that WAS Mr. Zod with his wife and the girl who said that was the one that my good friend Zod should have introduced me to! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What were you wearing? I had an In Extremo shirt on and my wife had red/blonde hair and a shirt that said Roadkill. I was probably listening to your conversation!
metalblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

I'm a big guy and was wearing a shirt with s skeleton and a sword. Was standing with a guy wearing an Overkill shirt.
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

LOL. Sorry guys.

woosta, it was cool to finally get a chance to meet you and put a face to a name. It was also cool to meet Mrs. woosta. Sorry, we didn't get a chance to have a drink. I had promised a friend I would meet him somewhere. Hopefully we'll get a chance to have that drink at PP. Oh, and I'll have to pass along your flattering words to my friend Shaye, she'll love to hear that. She's a very cool gal.

Metalblood, that in fact was me and my friends walking by. Shame we didn't get a chance to meet.

GZ
woosta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

Metalblood, your friend had a shaved head and looks like Steve O? If that was him, you guys need to show up EARLY to the next acoustic set at Cooper'stown instead of stumbling in late and standing right in my line of sight! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
metalblood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: BWBK Six Pack Weekend Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by woosta:
Metalblood, your friend had a shaved head and looks like Steve O? If that was him, you guys need to show up EARLY to the next acoustic set at Cooper'stown instead of stumbling in late and standing right in my line of sight! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry man, if we didn't do it, someone else would have. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] We stood in front many people, where were you at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: