HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VH-1's Awesomely Bad Metal Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the songs on the list did have cheesy videos. In fact, the cheesy videos didn't give the songs much credibility.
melodicmetalian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that annoyed me the most was the stupid commentary by some unknown "comedian", that keyboard have no place in metal, WTF! who is this guy? the problem with these shows, is the "comedians" have no idea what metal is. Do you think any of them can name a single credible modern metal band? I doubt it, the keyboard comment sounded retarded, by his standards COB, Dream Theater, and Sonata Arctica aren't metal.

The problem can be summed up fairly clearly, these "comedians" are using the word METAL to refer to 80's Hard Rock.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was very impressed when Scott Ian defended Whitesnake. I've never been a big Scott Ian fan, but he was about the only person on that show with an ounce of credibility, and I was very pleased to hear him say what he had to say about Whitesnake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also gotta agree with Totembird about these moron's comments about the Japanese bands. They're pretty much saying that anybody that speaks broken English or no English at all shouldn't be playing metal. What an incredibly STUPID thing to say. I'll still take Loudness and EZO over Crudd and Limp Dicks any day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to Japanese bands, E.Z.O. was excellent. Their debut record is on my list of the 50 metal records of all time. Evil sound, great songs. Very unique stuff. So, whichever self-proclaimed expert of comedian who dissed Japanese bands doesn't know what he is talking about.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first EZO was a decent disc (House of 1000 Pleasures and Flashback Heart Attack are totally cool), but IMO Fire Fire is twenty times better - Nightcrawler, Black Moon, Love Junkie, and the title track totally kick ass!! I bet those losers on VH1 have never even listened to Loudness or EZO.

BTW, some of those comedians are on Reno 911, which is one of the worst shows on Comedy Central.
gary427

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the "40 Most Awesomely Bad Metal Songs"....
Anything hosted by that pussy Riki Rachtman completely lacks any musical credibility. He's just a trendy little punk. He goes which ever way the wind blows. He dug the songs on the show when they were "in". Now they aren't the "in thing",so he turns on it. He's a phony.
Can you tell I don't like Riki Rachtman??? LOL
Bohica

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the show a couple of weeks ago...
My first question was: Who the hell picked these songs?
Second question was: Who the hell are these peckers reviewing them.

My thoughts are this: The people who picked the songs and the reviewers can probably only play the skin flute. They have never even touched a real instrument.

I've played the sax for the past 29 years, and the guitar for 24 years. So, I know a little about music... that aside....

OK... Europe's #1 on the list... Now... let's look back to the 80's when that song was top of the charts... wow... now let's look 15 years later... now people are slamming it... but I bet most of the people slamming it played that song over and over in their car back then... maybe even got laid to it.

If this "poll" were true... why wasn't King Diamond on there? Great music... bad singing... in my opinion!!
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I never did like Europe "The Final Countdown," nor any other Europe song I've heard, which admittedly is not many, only the ones on vidoe from the 80's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: