HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone miss Southern Rock?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinyltim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of catching The Outlaws a few weeks ago at the High Falls festival site and they played their asses off.Hughie Thomasson and Monte Yoho are the only original members left,but that signature sound is still alive and well.They finished their set with a 20 minute rendition of Green Grass and High Tides that had everyone screaming for more.
Akirasolo57

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point Blank,Outlaws,Henry Paul Band top my list .I am still to this day find myself listening to them. Good ole Johnny "O" on vocals rusty burns,kim davis on guitar for point blank those earlier albums were classics in my book,before bubba keith came along and they headed another direction and faded out not to soon after. Uncle ned has to be my fav song from them. Here is a page that has some awesome videos from some live concerts on it including grey ghost by henry paul. http://www.hitmanhits.com/video9.htm
vinyltim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Akirasolo57"]Point Blank,Outlaws,Henry Paul Band top my list .I am still to this day find myself listening to them. Good ole Johnny "O" on vocals rusty burns,kim davis on guitar for point blank those earlier albums were classics in my book,before bubba keith came along and they headed another direction and faded out not to soon after. Uncle ned has to be my fav song from them. Here is a page that has some awesome videos from some live concerts on it including grey ghost by henry paul. http://www.hitmanhits.com/video9.htm[/quote]

I actually e-mailed Rusty Burns a few months ago,wondering if he might consider a Point Blank re-union,and he was kind enough to respond to me within hours.He told me that they were seriously considering a re-union and possibly taking the tour to Europe.He said he would keep everyone updated when they decided.Let's keep our fingers crossed.If I hear anything new on this,I'll be sure and post something here.Thanks for the link to the Outlaws videos.
Akirasolo57

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: rusty burns Reply with quote

sounds good keep me updated about point blank.
bootycrewqueen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Black Stone Cherry Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Vanessa- newbie here. First gotta say Molly Hatchet were great. Got to meet them at a record store in Long Beach way back in the day. They were somethin' else. Marshall Tucker was one band I wanted to see badly and never got to. Bummer. Anyway I help promote a lot of bands but only those I truly believe in and that I think kick it wicked. I saw this thread so I had to come here and tell you about Black Stone Cherry.

If you love the old school southern rock you are gonna love these guys. And their drummer is amazing. I go to many shows and I am telling you these boys had so much energy and power crankin 'out of their guitars it made my face rumble like when you go mach speed. It was cool as hell. And they are such nice, down to earth dudes. So I recommend picking up their new CD Lonely Train and don't miss them when they come your way. You will be so glad you went. For Real. If you like go to their page at myspace and you can hear a few tracks for yourself and check the tour schedule. I linked the banner below.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry] [img]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1807/bsc468teaseqm7.gif[/img][/u rl]
vinyltim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Stone Cherry Reply with quote

[quote="bootycrewqueen"]Hi, I'm Vanessa- newbie here. First gotta say Molly Hatchet were great. Got to meet them at a record store in Long Beach way back in the day. They were somethin' else. Marshall Tucker was one band I wanted to see badly and never got to. Bummer. Anyway I help promote a lot of bands but only those I truly believe in and that I think kick it wicked. I saw this thread so I had to come here and tell you about Black Stone Cherry.

If you love the old school southern rock you are gonna love these guys. And their drummer is amazing. I go to many shows and I am telling you these boys had so much energy and power crankin 'out of their guitars it made my face rumble like when you go mach speed. It was cool as hell. And they are such nice, down to earth dudes. So I recommend picking up their new CD Lonely Train and don't miss them when they come your way. You will be so glad you went. For Real. If you like go to their page at myspace and you can hear a few tracks for yourself and check the tour schedule. I linked the banner below.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry] [img]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1807/bsc468teaseqm7.gif[/img][/u rl][/quote]

These guys are coming to Rochester on 10/29 as the opening act for Zakk's Black Label Society.....I just might have to show up for that one...lol.....again,thanks
NEO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will second her opinion on Black Stone Cherry. They only way I can describe these guys is HEAVY Southern Rock. I bought the CD as soon as I heard Lonely Train. That is an amazing freaking song.

Go check out some of their tracks at www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry

They are opening for Black Label Society in my neck of the woods on November 4th. Guess where I will be! Very Happy
Fire and Ice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: southern rock Reply with quote

I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special New Years Eve 2005, it was the first concert at the Expo Center we got where I live..was completely worth it.
Majortusk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an absolute noob here, but not to music. I have to say that the best new southern rock/metal that I have heard recently is Artimus Pyledriver.

Freaking awesome band out of Atlanta GA. I got to see them in a super small bar outside of milwaukee. Awesome live.

I mean when you have your band named after the dummer of Skynrd, and you have songs about running moonshine etc, you cant get much more redneck than that Razz

basically think of ACDC mixed with Skynrd, with a dash of Motorhead.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETY4zLoz6Qo

http://www.artimuspyledriver.com/

more songs are on their myspace page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: