HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 3:16 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

[img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] WELCOME BACK, HEATHER!!! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fatal: 102.7 WNEW, the station I listen to, plays Creed frequently. I'm not much of a Creed fan; I think they're rather whiny. However, I find them far preferable to, say, KoRn, Kid Rock, etc. As for Halloween...gotta love it. I love to give the neighborhood brats a good scare. *evil laugh*

Spirit
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 10:36 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

Actually Im looking forward to seeing Oleander open for them. They sound kinda like the foo-fighters. I liked Creed better when they were called "Pearl Jam".
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 12:24 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

Spirit, you listen to WNEW...umm, where in New York are we? Yonkers here!!
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 5:56 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

Hey, Duran Duran is pretty cool! I like that song "Ordinary World" and also "Come Undone"! Good when you're in a "mellow" mood. I thought Mr Mr was cool also, with that song "Keri"..?? spelling may be wrong here. But I was picky about that genre as well... I HATE BOY GEORGEOUS!!! Blech!! <sticking finger down throat!> Some of those bands in that time were just TOO wierd (much like today).

As for modern rock, well, my wife likes Creed, and I can live with that. Thier sound is not too bad.

Forced to choose between the 2 genres, I would choose 80's new wave hands down. Not that I liked everything about it, but I liked it more than I like modern rock today. I am a melodic metal / hard rock fan. I love metalists like Testament who put one or two awesome balads or instrumentals in each album. Testament creates some great inst. stuff, no doubt. But I also love the heavier stuff! Iced Earth sound like a good buy, but I have not bought it yet.

...(_E\/|/\TH/\N

[This message has been edited by LEV1ATHAN (edited 09-08-1999).]
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 6:51 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to go with modern rock. It's got more balls than 80's new wave. I hate to sound like the stereotypical headbanger, but...In the 80's I listened to Metallica, Venom, Merciful Fate, Slayer, Voivod, etc...
along with Sabbath, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, UFO, etc...and hated the 80s new wave movement. I also try to "stay current", and try to listen for new stuff that works. I saw Rage Against the Machine last year (oldest one there probably!) and yes, I have the Kid Rock cd. I think there's about 3 good songs on it. Last thing I want to be is one of those people lost in some bygone decade. It IS kinda funny that when "I'm the Man" from Anthrax came out, I was totally disgusted, but now I have Rage & Kid Rock cds! Somebody help me! I'm growin up!!!! (Thrash still rules though!)
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 10:24 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

I will have to go with today's modern rock over new wave. I couldn't stand Duran Duran and thought U2 was the biggest overhype of the decade. When I saw today's modern rock I in no way mean the dance-pop or rap/hip-hop that is all over tv and the radio dial. I mean the bands like Garbage, Orgy, Sublime, Manson, and throw in Offspring now too I guess.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 11:17 pm    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

Definitely new wave...memorable melodies over grating noise. More important, emotion over self-reflexivity!

Oh and I love U2 and The Police
woosta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 1999 6:49 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

New Wave is certainly better for me. Much of it is one step away from having metal overtones (take Duran Duran's "hold back the rain" for example). Every modern rocker should be on his/her knees thanking god that new wave came along and gave birth to them.
Ever notice how you don't see Flock of Seagulls and Orgy in the same room at the same time? Hmmmm fishy, isn't it?
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 1999 7:00 am    Post subject: I GOT POSTERS OF HORSES IN MY ROOM... MAKE SUMTH'N OF IT!! Reply with quote

Yeah, you never see a flock of seagulls having an orgy either. Except maybe in Louisiana.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: