HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:17 pm    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

I just had a religious experience!!
I just got home, walking right over to my computer to write you this.

Finally, the day I've been waiting for since April, when I bought the tickets, had arrived! September 17, The reunited Iron Maiden at The Globe Arena in Stockholm. The day marked red in my calendar...

This exeeded my expectations by far! Bruce was better than ever and the band was so tight, in spite of three guitarists. The crowd was magnificent, hardly letting Bruce sing anything on his own! And opposite to the Finnish crowd on the live version of "Fear of the Dark" you can find here on HardRadio, *we* sung it correctly, pausing long enough on Bruce's key to make it perfect!

On the whole, a great concert with their greatest hits one after another. Like Bruce said; "Are we back or ARE WE BACK!!!?"
Its been 17 years since the last time I saw them live. They're back alrigh! The greatest band on Earth, no doubt!!

Oh yes, Megadeth played too... OK, I guess. 30 seconds after Maidens first song, I didn't remember them playing! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
sly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 5:41 pm    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

long live Maiden!
Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 6:26 pm    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

Sounds like a good concert by the way you describe it, but I'd rather have had Paul Di'Anno back with them. Now that would have been a cool reunion!

"Iron Maiden" and "Killers" are by far the best albums ever to be released by them.

MHB 1775
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 1999 3:13 am    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

Chris, July 17th 1999 in New York City, I had pretty much the same reaction.
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 4:25 am    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

Crusader: Yeah, i can see what you mean. Back then it was a different Maiden. I liked them too, but with "Number of The Beast" and with Bruce, they walked down another road. I personally think Bruce made them much better, but that's a matter of oppinion, not a stated truth.

Matt: Well, it's the same show, so... *heh* Just that... did you have to wait for almost half a year with the tickets in your pockets? I mean, the word "anticipation" got a whole new meaning to me. Y E T, they managed to surpass that anticipation. The best consert in my life! (And I must have seen at least 50.) And one of the happiest moments in my life.

When it comes to the songs, they were selected from the voting, preciding the game Ed Hunter. (Hence the "Ed Hunter Tour", duh! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]) The Blaze era songs baffeled me. If they were to play them at all, where was "Virus" and "The Angel and the Gambler"?! Not to mention the Bruce classics "The Prisoner" and "Children of the Damned" or the newer "Can I Play with Madness", "The Clairvoyant" or "Afraid to shoot Strangers".

What I'm really's saying, is that they should have played for another hour!! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] This tour will be legendary, mark me words! In 10-15 years from now, people are gonna talk about it and then I can say, with proud in my voice and a smile on my face, "I was there!"
EXCITER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 6:17 am    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

DAMN!!!! WHEN? OH, WHEN ARE THEY COMING TO VIRGINIA????

I saw them on the "Piece Of Mind" Tour and then it seemed I've been out to sea (deployed) every time they've rolled into this area. When will my luck change? I'm jealous.

EXCITER
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 12:36 pm    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

yeah i was somewhat(actually very) upset that maiden didnt come to the virginia/maryland/DC area. the closest concert was cleveland damnit!! and now im in the cleveland area and i bet theyll come back and i dont have a car so ill just miss them repeatedly.

i agree with you Crusader, the first two albums were the best. Iron Maiden is one of the best albums ever and Killers really rocks. Everything after that with the exception of Somewhere in Time, isnt as classic or special to me except a few tracks here and there(prisoner, number, hallowed and the trooper). I also dont like Number of the Beast as an album very much at all. It along with the Black album from Metallica are the most popular albums that i really dont like. everyone is like Black and Number of the Beast rule! and im like uhhhhh....No. anyways that has nothing to do with this topic they better hurry up and comeback to the states and bring agood opener this time too(Helloween? Judas Priest? Both would be excellent, or if Saxon and Accept are still around those would be secondary choices).
nitro4040

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 9:31 pm    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

I think i am gonna cry. Tickets in hand, postponed, and then cancelled. Broken heart twice.. please stop telling me how good this show was.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 9:39 pm    Post subject: To Matt and every other Maiden fan out there! Reply with quote

Let's make the burn hurt a little more. Helloween's first and only show in America in ten years was December 20, 1998...and I was there, too.

Chris, you LIKE "Angel and the Gambler???" Maybe that concert dazed you a little bit too much...

"dont ya think Im a savior dont ya think i can save you, dont you think i can save your life...dont ya think im a savior dont ya think I can save you, dont ya think I can save your life...dont ya think...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: