HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psychotic Waltz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Psychotic Waltz Reply with quote

I've just rediscovered their catalog recently and have been amazed. Prog metal doesn't always "work" for me,but dammit,did these guys take all of the confusion out of this genre. I especially like Buddy Lackey's vox which are soulful and highly "unclinical". I bought their entire catalog a while back,including the Darkstar "Marching Into Oblivion" cd(my very first order from Century Media),and had almost forgotten about them until a few weeks ago. So far,my favorite is A Social Grace.

Any thoughts on this unheralded band? What about the band Dead Soul Tribe featuring Lackey on vox? Are they any good?
Urizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Psychotic Waltz Reply with quote

I like them better than Spiral Architect
They seem to have more of a musical perspective and aren't just wanking on instruments
I have a few songs, but really haven't gotten into them
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Psychotic Waltz Reply with quote

I've never heard Psychotic Waltz, though I've been interested in checking them out.

I have the first Dead Soul Tribe CD (the new one will be out in a few weeks). It's pretty good. To me it sounds like Tool-lite. Though, not "Lateralus" era Tool, which was self-indulgent crap.

GZ
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Psychotic Waltz Reply with quote

The drummer lives in El Cajon in San Diego county. He owns his own metal cd store and books a lot of bands to play here in s.d.
AngelWitch73

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Psychotic Waltz Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Urizen:
I like them better than Spiral Architect

I also like them better than SPIRAL ARCHITECT. PSYCHOTIC WALTZ I think ended their career way too early and are sorely missed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: