HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtlhd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

Well the day is finally here. Motorhead, Dio and Maiden. I'll let everyone know how it is.
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear your review. Also am wondering how many people were their?
lamireille

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

Why do I live so far?
Hope you had a good show. It must have been.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

It was freaking awesome!

Motorhead was very cool, and Dio played a great set that included a lot of "title tracks" from the albums that he's been on. The band played great, and Dio was Dio. Great set.

Maiden - man, do those guys ever age? They have more energy on stage now than they did 20 years ago. They played a fantastic set, and included several songs not played for 16 years in some cases. The stage set up was very cool, and they had the usual Maiden showmanship.

The show looked to be pretty much sold out, by the way - easily 10,000 people if I remember the capacity of Irvine Meadows (Verizon, Budweiser, Cadillac Amphitheater [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) correctly.

I am so glad that I went.
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

Cool B5ERIK! Maiden always puts on a good show. I've never heard anybody ever say otherwise. Glad to hear that the california metal heads came out in full force last night. Maybe metal is not dead afterall.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

I just saw them last night here in San Diego. They put on a great show as well. Like it was posted above, they played with a lot of energy. Pretty amazing that most of them are probably pusing close to 50!!!! I missed Dio and Motorhead. Bruce commented on the show that they had in Long Beach the night before. They were pleased with the outcome and it sounds like they had a bigger crowd then what we had. Our arena capacity is around 13,000 and it looked like we might of had half of that.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

Actually, the way it's usually set up for concerts the San Diego Sports Arena holds between 8,000 and 11,000 people (depending on how many seats are made available). They CAN open up some "obstructed view" seats behind the stage to get that number over 12,000, but they rarely do that.

Sounds like there were about 5,000 people there. Not bad, really. I would have loved to have been able to go to that show as well.

This is a fantastic tour. I wish more younger kids (the 15-25 age group) could see it - they'd learn a thing or two about what makes for a great live show.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

I'm 23 and I saw it. Good show. Not the best though. Best this year so far is Arch Enemy and I doubt anyone will be able to top them.
daeh_latem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden Tonight-Irvine Reply with quote

got me looking forward to this

i will be heading to Sacramento for the Saturday show.

i feel great man, I FEEL GREAT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: