HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
but I'd easily rather get a CD from a band I've never heard of. They [i]might[/i] surprise me.[/QB]

I drink to that (4 of those on my way).
Metal1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

That's cool, if you don't like it, you don't like it.

IMO, I agree about Bruce's solo albums. I prefer Roy Z over Shirley's production style.
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Bought it last night on the way home, was able to give it a one spin so far. It's great. If you like any of the Maiden collection, you will enjoy this also. Haven't picked out a favoriet track as of yet, but I'll give it some more listens before I leave work and head to the house.
Metal1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I guess this isn't PC right now, but after a few listens, this is a very solid effort. Tracks like Monsegur and Paschendale certainly stick out, but the other tracks have very good moments as well.

If you don't like it, thats cool. I recoomend it if you haven't picked it up yet though.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

It has grown on me. I will have to listen to it more on my home stero though to really get a feel for it. I still don't find it to be one of their strongest albums. I don't care for Dance of Death though. Rainmaker is a good song as is Paschendale.

What I don't get though is that there are a lot of repeated verses on this album, just as many as on Virtual XI, yet I haven't seen any one complain about that as I did with VXI. I mean how many times can you say No More Lies? Still I know there is a lot worse music out there.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I broke down and bought it. Listening to it the first time now. It isn't really impressing me. It doesn't suck, but I don't think people who refrain from buying it are missing anything.
sly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Maiden Rocks, Dance of Death Rocks, 9 out of 10 rating. Great vocals, guitar, drums, lyrics good, thats what it's all about. It's not the greatest cd of all time or anything, but its a solid effort,that's all I ask for (plus $11.99 at Best Buy, no tax in DE, life is good)!
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

All right Jake, i'm glad you broke down and bought it. Listen to it a few times it will grow on ya.
lthunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I seem to have figured out something with modern-day Iron Maiden. It seems that people fall into one of 2 categories as a Maiden fan. The first are the people who only like the Powerslave and previous era and the second are the ones who like both eras and can appreciate the new epic-progressive type sound that Maiden have embraced as their sound now for the most part. I for one am of the second half and it surprises me that more folks on this board don't appreciate the progressive-sounding stuff that they do now. For example I've heard alot of people putting down the song "Dance of Death" while for me that song just friggin rulez! I love the folk/progressive elements in that song! I loved X-Factor and some of Virtual XI even though Blaze isn't the greatest vocalist, some of the songs on those albums just kill! I don't know, it just seems some people should be a little more open-minded around here. I guess it's just cause I listen to so many different sub-genre's of metal instead of confining myself to one or two. I listen to death/black/trad/prog/power/avantgarde/symphonic/folk shit you name it I pretty much listen to it with the exception of the glam stuff. I just wish more of you guys would give this cd a chance. It's really a great cd!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: