HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andrea Yates - Guilty or Insane?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Andrea Yates - Guilty or Insane? Reply with quote

My last analogy is not at all to prove that Andrea Yates is innocent or guilty. I was simply trying to make my point on putting the insane or mentally retarded to death.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
beccabecca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Andrea Yates - Guilty or Insane? Reply with quote

I believe that the verdict was the right one.. and as for the punishment I was VERY surprised they only gave her LIFE. But I have to wonder, and maybe some of you do too, why isn't the HUSBAND being brought up in any of this.. she was heard to have said to him something like "our plan is complete" - He made her quit her job, the woman was a NURSE! He had her stay home and homeschool the children, she never went anywhere among other strange things that he did by CONTROLING her... I think he should have been brought into the picture too.. I think that they are both at fault here but her hand is the one that those children died by. ***wonder how long before that man has a new woman in his life***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockin500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Andrea Yates - Guilty or Insane? Reply with quote

I agree with the decision of the jury on guilt. Is she depressed? that was pretty much proven, but that doesnt make a person insane. Ive been depressed and I never went around killing kids, so that excuse doesnt wash. should she be executed? tougher question. Normally, Im in favor of the death penalty, but in this case I am not sure. she should be made to suffer time and contempt and her own guilt for awhile. Then she should die. Of course, if she was thrown into the general population instead, the prisoners would rip her apart. THAT would be justice.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Andrea Yates - Guilty or Insane? Reply with quote

What I really think is sad about all of this is all the support and sympathy Yates got from her husband and all of these women's groups, yet very little (if anything) was said about the children. It's very typical in America how the criminal somehow becomes the victim, and the real victim(s) are almost completely forgotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: