HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts from the HardBoard ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Thoughts from the HardBoard ? Reply with quote

Wanted to know what your thoughts were on this campaign.. [url=http://www.saveinternetradio.org/]Save Internet Radio[/url]
violentbreed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Thoughts from the HardBoard ? Reply with quote

Yes, well what a sticky situation. While it looks threatening to internet radio on the surface, it is only threatening to little internet radio stations that want to play Metallica and Madonna.
All of the little and non-commercial oriented record labels and artists who depend on internet radio and other internet broadcast, (including, dare I say it, file sharing) for promotion will find some way around, through a waiver or some other licensing agreement to relieve the burden for the smaller broadcaster to continue to play what is known as "independent" music.

In other words, "Don't panic."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Thoughts from the HardBoard ? Reply with quote

I think we all knew this day would come. Since I started using the net for entertainment I have noticed tons of metal bands that have music on the net but are not signed. And while I love to hear the songs by the big signed acts, I think it would be very cool to have internet radio stations focus a playlist on unknowns. You all knw there are good ones out there. Agree to push the cd's for these unsigned bands. If the band gets signed to a lable they get dropped from the playlist.

There are lots of sites for amature artists. They will not let you promote your work if you've been published. I think internet radio stations who help the better unknown bands get known is just what the net needs. It would beat having to hit tons of individual sites looking for a good unknown.

Does any of the above make sence? It's worked for the art world. For me anyway. Be nice to have a station with a playlist where being signed to a lable isn't a must for considered airtime.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Thoughts from the HardBoard ? Reply with quote

If a combo of signed and unsigned artists were used it would . . .
1. reduce the rate that is payed to BMI, ASCAP and the likes because most unsigned aren't members of these organizations yet
2. allow the listener to have some familiarity with the content and the known artists
3. promote unknown artists (if they're good)and skyrocket them to superstardom
violentbreed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Thoughts from the HardBoard ? Reply with quote

Damn, I always knew metal fans possessed superior intellect! These folks have the right idea! You would never see this on a Metallica or Madonna message board!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: