HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VH-1's Awesomely Bad Metal Songs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: VH-1's Awesomely Bad Metal Songs Reply with quote

Here's the list if anyone cares. Someone from another board posted it..

40) Judas Priest "Turbo Lover"
39) Jackyl "Chainsaw Blues"
3Cool Grim Reaper "See You In Hell"
37) Iron Maiden "Bring Your Daughter...........To The Slaughter"
36) Creed "Higher"
35) Green Jelly "3 Little Pigs"
34) Ace Frehley "Rock Soldiers"
33) Dio "Last In Line"
32) Guns & Roses "Estranged"
31) Loudness "Crazy Nites"
30) Bulletboys "Smooth Up In Ya"
29) Accept "Balls To The Wall"
2Cool Slaughter "Up All Nite"
27) Trixter "Give It To Me Good"
26) Helix "Rock You"
25) Mariyln Manson "I Dont Like The Drugs..........But The Drugs Like Me"
24) Motley Crue "Without You"
23) Dokken "Breakin The Chains"
22) Van Halen "Without You"
21) Quiet Riot "Party All Nite"
20) Danzig "Mother"
19) Vixen "Edge Of A Broken Heart"
1Cool Manowar "Blow Your Speakers"
17) Scorpions "Wind Of Change"
16) Queensryche "Silent Lucidity"
15) Whitesnake "Here I Go Again"
14) Britney Fox "Girl School"
13) I.C.P. "Tilt-A-Whirl"
12) Hear N' Aid "STARS"
11) Autograph "Turn Up The Radio"
10) Limp Bizkit "My Way"
9) Cinderella "Nobody's Fool"
Cool White Lion "Wait"
7) Ugly Kid Joe "Everything About You"
6) Stryper "Honestly"
5) Winger "17"
4) Poison "Unskinny Bop"
3) Kiss "Forever"
2) Warrent "Cherry Pie"
1) Europe "The Final Countdown"

Some of those songs are very good imo. A lot of them do suck though.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like most of the songs on the list too. Some songs I never could stand though were QRs "Party All Night" or the Stryper tune - then again, I never could stand Stryper in the first place.

I watched the show the other nite. Most of the people commenting on the songs were second-rate actors and comedians I never even heard of, plus a few music journalists (one of which was an obnoxious little twit), and I doubt any of them were ever metalheads. Whenever they were talking about a song about breaking up with a girl (Breaking The Chains) or dreaming (Silent Lucidity) or being in love (Forever) they would say something stupid like "they shouldn't be singing about this stuff!! This is metal, they should be singing about satan and war and blood and death!!" I swear these morons must have said that about half the songs on the show.

Then there was Ted Nugent, commenting on the Hear n Aid song, which he participated in: "I kicked myself in the ass for doing that. Man, that song sucked." Gee Ted, while we're on the subject on songs that suck, let's talk about Damn Yankees, OK?

I can't believe I sat through the whole show because I was tempted to turn it off quite a few times.
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ted Nugent kicked himself in the ass for every awful song he performed on, his ass would be at the back of his neck by now. His entire catalog is horrible, the Damn Yankees were nothing short of embarrassing, and I don't even like that hippie song he did with the Amboy Dukes. Ted Nugent is a complete waste of time.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list included a Dio song!

That invalidates it right there.

Not too mention the fact they had these so called comedians making snarky remarks about the songs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, Accept's "Balls to the Wall" is one of the GREATEST songs in metal history. Guitar Player Magazine listed its riff as one of the 50 greatest riffs in guitar history. And they are right.

Second, Ted Nugent's first three records, and "Double Live Gonzo," are all excellent. After that he went downhill, but the guitarwork on the early stuff is impressive.

Third, aside from Cindarella's "Nobody's Fool," which is very, very good, I largely agree with entries 1-10. "The Final Countdown" is so so faggy that they should have replaced the line "We're heading for Venus" with "We're looking for Penis." Still rhymes. Warrant's "Cherry Pie" is and always was completely wretched.

Fourth, although I am a DIO fan (but am bored by his past ten-plus years), they are right about "The Last In Line." The lyric is completely dumb, one mindlessly rhyming cliche after another.

Fifth, G & R's "Estranged" is very good. It's "November Rain" that completely sukked. Maybe they just got the titles confused.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I have to agree with 85% or 90% percent of the list.

Ted Nugent is a real heavy metal icon, though his later work became a self parody (excluding "Craveman). I'll side with CoW on Tedís first three. "Stranglehold" from Ted Nugent "ST" would have to make the top 25 heavy metal songs of all time, a real powerhouse masterpiece, yet focused & disciplined. No noodling here, just straight as an arrow & sharp as a razor to the point axemenship, songwriting (instrumental wise), in all itís awesomeness.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitar solo in Stranglehold alone puts Nugent way up on the list. One of the best solos in rock history.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CollectorOfWomen"]Third, aside from Cindarella's "Nobody's Fool," which is very, very good, I largely agree with entries 1-10. "The Final Countdown" is so so faggy that they should have replaced the line "We're heading for Venus" with "We're looking for Penis." Still rhymes. Warrant's "Cherry Pie" is and always was completely wretched.

Fourth, although I am a DIO fan (but am bored by his past ten-plus years), they are right about "The Last In Line." The lyric is completely dumb, one mindlessly rhyming cliche after another.

Fifth, G & R's "Estranged" is very good. It's "November Rain" that completely sukked. Maybe they just got the titles confused.[/quote]

I agree with pretty much all of this. Pity they didn't have better commentators on this show, it could have been really good if they'd had people that knew what they were talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
metalblood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICP???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: