HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Live Album - any band
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

I hate live albums as a rule, but there's one I own and enjoy - Exodus's _Another Lesson In Violence_.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

Lynyrd Skynryd-One More From The Road
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Southern By The Grace Of God
Molly Hatchet-Double Trouble Live (Featuring the best version of "Freebird" ever!)
Molly Hatchet-Gods And Knights (Basically the same tour as Double Trouble Live, but without the studio overdubbing that ruined some of the songs on DTL)
Triumph-Stages
Kansas-King Biscut Flower Hour (1989 tour featuring Steve Morse. WOW!)
Blackfoot-King Biscut Flower Hour (1983 tour. Line up featured all four original members plus Ken Hensly on Keyboards and guitar. Best version of "Highway Song" ever!)
Accept-Staying A Life (10 minute version of "Balls To The Wall" gotta love that! Worth seaching out the double-CD version featuring "Head Over Heels", "Burning" and "Neon Nights")
Heart-Rock This House Live (Kinda interesting that Heart released a live album with none of their signature songs on it except "Barracuda". I still like it though. Howard Leese does some pretty cool shit on "If Looks Could Kill")
Any of the live Iron Maiden albums (When the crowd gets into singing along I get goosebumps!)

Other than Maiden, I'm not a big fan of live albums for metal acts, they always disappoint me. On the other hand, I think classic rock artists usually do the best versions of their songs on their live albums.
TheVoltronForce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

Duran Duran Arena Deep Purple Live in Europe Yngwie Malmsteen Concerto Suite Live
Lionheart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

Royal Hunt - 1996 (Double CD)
Royal Hunt - Closing The Chapter - Paradox Live
Fates Warning - Still Life
Vanden Plas - Spirit Of Live
Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan
Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio
Judas Priest - Priest In The East
Blue Murder - Screaming Blue Murder Live
Rush - Exit Stage Left
TNT - Three Nights In Tokyo
Praying Mantis, DiAnno & Stratton - Live At Last
Helloween - High Live
Y&T - Yesterday & Today Live
Raven - Live At The Inferno
Westworld - Live In The Flesh
FALCON

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

Lionheart, great list, that totally missed my line of thinking, but the Royal Hunt live CD is awesome! Also please let me know your thoughts on Blue Murder's live disc, they are bout as good as it gets, and covers? quality? etc? tx...FALCON
Motorola

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

Motorhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith
Hawkwind - Space Ritual Alive
Black Sabbath - Live Evil
Thin Lizzy - Overdubbed & Dangerous
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The Studio
Status Quo - Live (1976)
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan
Ozzy - Speak Of The Devil (Sabbath songs exclusively, with Brad Gillis on guitar, his greatest solo effort!)
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

Aerosmith - Live Bootleg
Sebastian Bach - Bring Em Bach Alive
Black Label Society - Alcohol Fueled BREWtality
Dokken - Love From the Sun
Dream Theater - Live from the Marquee; Scenes from New York
Fleetwood Mac - The Dance(Lindsey Buckingham rocks on this one)
Iron Maiden - Live After Death; Rock In Rio
Kiss - Alive 3
Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzos
Poison - Swallow This Live
Queensryche - Operation Livecrme
Rush - All The World's A Stage; Diffrent Stages Live
Tesla - Replugged Live
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Live At Montreux
W.A.S.P. - Double Live Assassins; Live in the Raw
The Who - Live At Leeds
Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by FALCON:
Lionheart, great list, that totally missed my line of thinking, but the Royal Hunt live CD is awesome! Also please let me know your thoughts on Blue Murder's live disc, they are bout as good as it gets, and covers? quality? etc? tx...FALCON

Falcon, the Royal Hunt live cd's are a couple of my favorites of all time. Great sound, vocals, energy, everything.

As far as the Blue Murder goes, it's an absolute must, I tell ya! The sound quality is excellent. Sykes sounds great as usual. They cover songs from BM, and also do some from Thin Lizzy & Whitesnake to boot! Excellent all around. Highly recommended.

J.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Favorite Live Album - any band Reply with quote

How about Praying Mantis' "Live At Last"? I think on here the Praying Mantis songs sound superior than the studio versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: