HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by setvnY:
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Metalfilm1:
This song is so bad it would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic.

Interestingly,
I find some of the supposedly uh, "heavy", "metal"
slut bands and songs being prostituted about on this board are about as hilarious as well.

"slut bands and songs"? I don't know what those are.

"prostituted about on this board"...you're saying somebody here is paying good money to...I don't even know what you're saying.

Ahh!, these are the masters of slut, lol.

[img]http://www.metallica.com/news/2003/images/feb25_pic4.jpg[/img]
[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I don't know if you are deliberately trying to confused people or what, but no one here is promoting Metallica these days. No one here is promoting the other "sluts" such as Queensryche, Scorpions, Def Leppard, or even Judas Priest. So why are you saying that we are talking about "slut" bands?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

quote:
I don't know if you are deliberately trying to confused people or what, but no one here is promoting Metallica these days. No one here is promoting the other "sluts" such as Queensryche, Scorpions, Def Leppard, or even Judas Priest. So why are you saying that we are talking about "slut" bands?[/QB]
Hey Jake don't be so harsh, JP last albums are bad, and Scorpions has lost a lot of the great 70's feeling, but call them "sluts" like Metallica is a little off the decency [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And as for Lyn Skyn, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the only band that bores me more is Van Halen [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

@ Ug: You are damn right! [img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif[/im g]
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

Wyvern, I was using his terms and trying to think of bands that might fit into his slut category.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Wyvern, I was using his terms and trying to think of bands that might fit into his slut category.

I know pal, I was teasing you [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Definitively without Bruhahha, this one is injecting some gas into the board boiler. I rather pass without this types of attitudes, but a little blood shaking... [img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rough/flaming.gif[/img]
Desslar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

Skynyrd has some awesome songs, but that doesn't appear to be one of them.
Lars37

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
And the sad part is, the song can only get worse when you add the music!

Lynyrd Skynyrd is beyond awful. I honestly can't stand one song I've ever heard by them.

Oh really?

Lynyrd Skynyrd's numerous gold, platinum and hit singles is a testament to their success and impact, a whole lot more than what many other mediocre bands, including your sorry ass can achieve in many, many lifetimes.

So can I assume, from your "sales = talent" point of view, that you are a HUGE fan of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Journey and Madonna? After all, "their numerous gold, platinum and hit singles are testaments to their success and impact". Your "logic" is flawed at best, and stupid at worst.

If my opinion of your beloved Skynyrd has offended you, oh I'm sorry...but they still suck. Awful. Bad. and Horrible.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
So can I assume, from your "sales = talent" point of view, that you are a HUGE fan of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Journey and Madonna? After all, "their numerous gold, platinum and hit singles are testaments to their success and impact". Your "logic" is flawed at best, and stupid at worst.
[/QB]

[img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gi f[/img] [img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif[/im g]
Horace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

This is getting pretty amusing. Skynerd isn't exactly a "metal" or even "hard rock" band - more of a classic southern rock - and that's what I'd call a "Love/hate" genre - i.e. the people that are into it are REALLY into it, and the people who are not are really NOT into it.

As far as the sales thing goes, I love GOLDEN EARRING and the Dutch seem to agree (they are treated lke the ROLLING STONES over there, with greatest hits albums advertised on prime time TV) but they can't sell 3 copies over in the USA), ditto loveable bozos KROKUS whose last cd went to NUMBER 1! in the Swiss charts (NOT the metal charts, the regular charts, meaning KROKUS outsold Britney, Madonna, Mariah, LIMP BISQUICK etc..), so it's all relative.
Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Red, White and Blue - Lynyrd Skynyrd Reply with quote

Alright, I'm standing up for Skynard (but not this new guy, I've read his other posts and he's annoying). Completely kick-ass band. If you think otherwise you're wrong [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously though, probably 95% of all the CDs I own are hard rock or metal, and I'd rate Skynard above 95% of those (I don't toss in Skynard with "hard rock," because Southern Rock is a distinct and hallowed genre, IMO). The music itself was good, and they accomplished something that only a handful of bands have ever done in the history of recorded music, and that is do such a good job of capturing the "feel" and emotion of a region of the world. I guess it might be hard for Yankees to understand ( [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] ), but it's indeed true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: